The 4th Brother South Africa Quilting Contest
2021 Quilt Contest Requirements
All quilts must conform to the following criteria to be eligible for the Contest:
- The THEME for 2021 is “Africa Inspired!”
- The quilt should be 70 x 70cm (within 5cm)
- Quilts should consist of 3 complete layers; top fabric, quilting cotton and back fabric; all sewn together
- Use any quilting technique but do not frame your quilt
- A hanging sleeve of 10cm must be sewn on to accommodate the hanging pole
- A label with your name, contact number, email address and country must be sewn onto the back in the bottom right hand corner
- Your quilt must be an original artwork
- Do not use copyrighted material without permission
- Your quilt may not have been entered in any other contests
- You may enter more than one quilt
- Each quilt entered requires a separate entry form and R100 entry fee.
Packing your Quilt
- Please ensure your quilt is securely wrapped and packaged to avoid damage while in transit
- Packaging should be waterproof
- Make sure your Entry Form and Proof of Payment is included in the package.
Delivering your Quilt
All quilts must be received at Brother Head Office in Irene by 29 October 2021. Quilts can be delivered by hand, post or courier to:
Angelique McGrath, Brother Head Office, 96 Sovereign Drive, Route 21 Corporate Park, Irene, 0157
You may send more than one quilt in the same package. Please ensure that EACH quilt has an entry form and proof of payment attached.
- All costs of quilt delivery to be covered by the entrant
- Brother International South Africa will not be responsible for quilts lost or damaged during transit
- We will confirm receipt of your Quilt package by email, please ensure we have your correct email address
- Do not send your quilt to any other address other than Brother Head Office. Brother South Africa will not be liable for quilts that are shipped to the incorrect address.
2021 Contest Entry Form
Terms & Conditions
- The Contest is open to residents of South Africa and sub-Saharan African Countries
- Brother staff members, dealers and distributors are NOT eligible to enter the contest
- Each quilt entered requires a separate entry form and R100 entry fee
- No cash will be accepted at Brother premises
- More than one quilt may be submitted in the same package
- Entries must reach Brother Head Office, Irene, on or before 29 October 2021
- Quilts received after the closing date will not be eligible for judging
- Quilts must conform to the design criteria listed under Quilt Requirements
- Judges will be selected from the Quilting community and announced at a later stage
- Brother staff members and distributors will not be on the judging panel
- Judging will take place in one location only
- The Judges decision is final.
- The closing date for entries is 29 October 2021 at Brother Head Office. Quilts received after this time will not be eligible for the contest
- If the entry fee is not paid by the closing date, the quilt will not be eligible for the contest
- Winners will be announced by the end of November.
- The winning quilts as adjudicated by the Judges will win cash or product prizes
- Quilts not selected as winners in the contest will be available for collection from 1 December or will be shipped back to the entrants
- Prizes for the 2021 contest will be announced at a later date.